
Last night at dinner we were sitting down and I realized that James had a large glass of milk in front of him. I instantly reacted, taking the milk from him and accusing him. "James, I thought you weren't going to drink milk!" He looked at me, eyebrows raised and was quiet for a second, and then said softly "I thought it was the best thing to drink..." I rolled my eyes, and got up to get him something else. He's been having stomach issues for EVER so he had finally listened to me and was trying to lay of dairy for a few days to see if that would help.
I surveyed the things we had to drink in the fridge. I realized I hadn't refilled the last bit of water I had drank, so that left him with no water. I'd pushed the juice to the back so it was frozen solid. If he had tried to drink the gatorade I had got him for his soccer games I wouldn't have been all too happy. There was some soda pop in there, but I get really annoyed everytime he drinks soda because I think its useless calories and so unhealthy. The only thing left was milk, which at least is a good source of calcium.
So I went down at sat next to him and I said "Wow. You know you've gotten pretty moody when your husband has to decide which item he'll get yelled at 'less' for taking out of the fridge..." We both kind of laughed about it, but it was a reminder to not dwell on all the stupid little things that don't matter in the long run and focus on the important things, like cultivating your relationship and friendship.

1 comments:
Hi! It was such a surprise to see your comment on our blog! I love running across old friends! You look great, even if your hair is driving you crazy!
Post a Comment