Last month I was going through what I call a "Hair rutt" where you are just sick of the way it looks and want a change. Optioning to keep the length of my hair (I haven't had it long in quite some time, so I wanted to keep it on the longer side for a little while), I decided I hadn't gone with highlights for a year now and with summer booming in why not play up the sun-kissed look with some major highlights. I brought in the magazine picture of the type of highlights I would like, and talked it through with the lady... I had done the whole "consultation" thing before at this salon, and thought it was a waste of time, so I just went to the appointment and told her there.
Hair Before:

Hair After:

Can YOU tell a difference? I don't.
It was the worst experience ever! She went into the wrong profession I think. To make a long story short I hated my hair. The highlights were so subtle you could hardly tell anything had been done (not the point of changing your hair when you're in a rutt, right?) and it was even that nasty orange color. Yuck! I hated the three and 1/2 hours I was there (mostly because she didn't talk and I just sat there texting James cuz I was so bored), I hated my "trim" and "layers" because they weren't even... Ugh. And to top it off she didn't mention it was going to be $100.00. (I paid $50 before) So I was stuck with a hairstyle, hair color, and hair experience that I had to pay double for. I didn't quite know how to say "You ruined me" nicely, so I decided to dedicate a blog to it instead I guess.
So the point of this story?
Do all those things people tell you to do and I bet you'll have a better experience. You know: Look for people's hairstyles you like and ask where they get it done so you can try that place out until you find the right stylist you like, do a consulation with the hairstylist before you go, figure out pricing before you have to pay, etc...
Or you can save yourself $70 bucks if you just tell James you really need him to help you with your hair because you hate it. Hehe. (That's what I did last year with a hair fiasco and I LOVED it afterwards.) Of course the only way I talked him into it was because I was pregnant and told him the toxins would kill our child or something if I did it by myself... Maybe since I'm still breastfeeding I can come up with some other lame thing that hasn't been proved against...?

2 comments:
I liked your hair Michelle.
I'm sorry but I agree that your hair looks the same in the two pictures. I'm also VERY sorry that you spent that type of money and you're not pleased.
Post a Comment