James and I both decided to fix our issues with our hair. His hair was getting shaggy and he wanted to get rid of helmet hair from his motorcycle helmet. And I wanted to get rid of my highlights I didn't like and just go back to brown. I was a little nervous about dying my hair myself, but after spending $100 at the salon I really couldn't afford anything else. I had previously had allergic problems with store brands, but the Revlon kind had worked fine the last time and it was on sale, so I decided to get a couple boxes of their brunette shade. The perk? Both boxes only cost me $5.00. :)
Sunday night we decided to just do it, so James stayed up helping me with my hair (I don't think I could have done it with out him) and I cut his hair while I was waiting for the dye to set in.
The end result?
James ended up with a
shaved head.

I ended up with
black hair and
sores on my ears, neck, shoulders and scalp, and every time I let my hair down while its wet my throat gets sore and I have a hard time breathing through my nose... Yes, weird reaction.

Well at least James doesn't have helmet hair anymore, and I definitely got rid of those streaky highlights. :)
2 comments:
Luckily you both look great still!! :) I like your dark hair!! It is a funny story though because I can totally relate to dying your hair alone. I dyed mine several times on my mission and my hair reacted strangely to the colors and I had some interesting looks, along with some bad haircuts by companions and household sissors! The joys of hair!! :) You both look great though!!
Hi Michelle,
I was searching for my friend's photography site and landed on a blog 'pocket full of posies' and there you were! A picture of your family...don't know the connection (my friend took their Christmas pics I think), but small world!
Post a Comment