
My best friend from home, Kim, got married last weekend. I was contemplating whether or not I would try to make it for the actual wedding in Utah, or go to her reception which was the next day in California. I wouldn't be able to make it to both. It was one or the other. She had a lot of family there for the wedding, so I figured going to the reception would be a safe bet. I had wished more friends would have come to my wedding reception, as it was I can only remember a handful being there and having my feelings somewhat hurt, so I thought that would be better. I was already going to be in Cali, so I decided to extend my stay an extra week and be there for her reception that weekend.
The depressing news is I think I made the wrong decision. Her reception was still beautiful, and I probably was able to visit with her more than I would have had I gone to the wedding in Utah, as well as having friends there that I actually knew - but I'll never be able to experience the wonderful moment when she actually got married. I think that is so special, being able to kneel next to your fiance and know that they are going to be your husband in a matter of moments... knowing that this is forever, and that you will never go back to being the same once you take that final step into matrimony. It sounds like they don't necessarily have a set plan on what their future holds, so it was almost like saying goodbye to Kim because I don't know how often we will be able to see each other now.
So after many tears and depressed phone calls to James, he told me that I at least was able to see her cut the cake... I guess that is something. Needless to say it was amazing seeing my beautiful friend at her reception, and I also was able to visit with some friends that I hadn't seen for quite some time. They all looked beautiful, and it was fun to catch up and find out what they are up to. Kim had a nice outdoor reception, and the weather couldn't have been lovelier. The food was delicious, as was the cake.
James has also promised me that I can go and visit with Kim on our next trip to Utah no matter what, so that makes me feel a little better about the situation.

She's never been lovelier than she was that day. Honestly. She was gorgeous!

0 comments:
Post a Comment