Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're back in Cali!

We finally are home! Moving was a lot harder than I had hoped (mostly because I had procrastinated packing because I had a teething baby). Thank goodness for the help of family! How hard moving is with out that! We had a lot of neighbors/friends offer to help/clean, but in the end it was family that pulled through and helped us move/clean/get out of there. My brother Sean actually stayed an extra day just to help us clean to check out, and we finished right on the button (3 minutes before our check out time). Needless to say, it was exhausting and I am not looking forward to doing it again in a few months, this time with less help and a lot of snow.

On the bright side, sleeping in the same room as the baby is actually doable. That was a surprise to both of us. What a blessing. That was something we had worried a lot about. We had to allshare a room at Wendy's anyways, so we're hoping he continues to be okay with us all sharing the same space for the next little while.

We have a lot of projects to do to get adjusted to living in a room, as opposed to an entire apartment. Mostly unpacking and figuring out where we want everything to go. From there we are going to have to do a little more baby proofing for Jack (he puts EVERYTHING into his mouth) and of course we have to go swimming! (I left my swimsuit at Wendy's unfortunately, so James says he's going to have to buy me a new one. Oh darn! Ha)

Mom even I think is going to let me talk her into re-painting our room we're staying in. Niiiice!

So check out the family blog for the reunion, baby shower, baby blessing etc. pictures later when James or I get around to it. We also have some pretty cute pictures of the baby I should put up sometime.

For now there are some flies that obviously have a death wish, so I better go take care of that.

0 comments: