
My dad watched Dark Knight twice in the same day and said he liked it even better the second time,... so I figured if he saw it twice the first time must have been pretty good. We were pretty excited, since Jim and I both love the first one (even though the scarecrow seemed like a weak villain to me). I looked at the critic and user reviews and both gave the movie A ratings, or 9/10 stars. Wow, I thought. This must be good! Everyone talked about what a good job Heath Ledger did as Joker, the cool plot twists, awesome acting, etc. While all may be true: Heath Ledger did do a tremendous job acting the joker, there were many plot twists, and everyone (excluding Gyllenhaal who plays Rachel Dawes) does a good job acting their parts throughout the movie, I can honestly say I was not a fan. It felt like the whole movie you are getting pulled down a garbage disposal, and even though there were a few redeeming parts in the movie (ie-1 or 2 choices certain characters make), for the most part it was way too dark, violent, and depressing for me to truly say I left the movie amazed, in awe, or having any real good impression of the movie. I really don't like seeing people get killed, hung, cut, etc. So while I appreciated that they did not show close to any blood in the movie, I HATED basically every scene the joker was in for that reason.
So, I would say if you are a little squeemish about movies like me, check out the imdb moviebase and see if the violence level is something you can handle and want to watch. They cover the spoilers so you don't have to read those if you don't want to... (I did read the spoilers, so it actually helped me be a little more prepared for things that happened. Thank goodness! And these spoilers were more like "a main character does this", but it doesn't say which main character or when, etc. So I didn't feel like it ruined any plot points to me since it was voilent the entire movie so the parts could have happened anywhere.)
But like I said, James, my brothers, even my little sister Julie all really liked it and keep bringing it up to talk about. For those of you who saw it what did you think of the movie and why?

1 comments:
I pretty much feel the same way, I closed me eyes for almost every Joker scene when he holds a knife. I didn't expect it to be uplifting, so I was a little prepared for the whole dark and sinister aspect, but ya, wouldn't say I loved it like the first one.
Post a Comment