
Star Trek: (May 8) My dad is a major fan. I think that is one of the main reasons we would watch it. I will admit I never really got what the big deal was with Captain Kirk and Spock and things, but it will be fun to watch. They say it was made to appeal with audiences not familiar with Star Trek, so if you like adventure, good characters, and special effects this is the movie for you. James is excited because its the same guy who directed Mission Impossible 3 - one of his fav. movies. :) James also admitted that he and his friend Matt have gone to see many of the Star Trek movies on opening night. Yeah, we're geeks. We enjoy life. So sue us. :)

Terminator: (May 21) I don't know the real name, and I will be honest again - I never have seen any of the other movies. It just looks like a neat action film. Still unsure if we'll actually go and watch it, since we've only set aside money for 1 movie a month - we'll see if James decides its worth it. :) I just want to go because it has Christian Bale and not Arnold. Haha. I like looking at yahoo movies to hear their take on why someone should go watch the movie - one of their reasons for this movie was that we owe it to the cast who suffered through the movie, haha. "Worthington badly hurt his back, Bale broke his hand, and an unfortunate effects tech partially severed his leg."

Transformers 2: (June 24) You may remember that James and I were pretty much obsessed with the first movie. We loved the humor and the wonderful effects. Neither of us watched the show/read the comics or anything before - so it is a complete love of just sitting back and enjoying a huge, fun action movie. The 2nd one looks fun too. A fun perk for us? This movie comes out on our due date - so if anything we'll have something to look forward to if the baby hasn't decided to come by then. :) There's nothing to get you to go into labor like planning something fun to do, right? You always end up missing it, haha.

Night of the Museum 2: (May 22) We loved the first one, and although the 2nd one does look a tad on the lamer side it still will have enough of a pull to get us to go watch it. I mean, anything with Ricky Gervais in it pretty much has me hooked. We LOVE him. (Aka-If you haven't watched him in Ghost town, you really need to go rent it!) Plus there were parts in the trailer that made us laugh, so hopefully there are more than just 2 funny parts in the movie. :) Also, did you know this will be the first Hollywood feature to be filmed in the Smithsonian? Yeah. Pretty cool.

Harry Potter 6: (July 15-Weds!) Of course, if we had to choose only ONE movie to watch this summer we would be saving up to watch this bad boy. We have been waiting for it and are so excited that its only 2 1/2 months away now! Yessssss!
There are other movies out there that look good, but I think we're waiting to watch those in the cheap theater or until they come out on DVD. Some of those? The UnderGrad (with gilmore girl Alexis Bledel), the Proposal (Sandra Bullock), Up (Pixars new movie), The Time Traveler's Wife, etc. etc.
I love the summer season this year. Last year stunk - but this year? Lookin' good. :-)

0 comments:
Post a Comment