
We saw the movie Star Trek last night... Here are my thoughts on it.
I would give it three out of five stars.
I didn't really enjoy it. I knew it would be cheesy - I mean, it is a Star Trek movie. I just didn't expect it to be THAT cheesy... I hated probably the first forty minutes of the movie... mostly because I thought the main character was annoying and I didn't like the content. However, the last part of the movie I did enjoy.

(Here is a look at the original characters and the new actors. Left-right: Spock, Checkov (sp), Uhura, Captain James T. Kirk, Scotty, Sulu, Dr. McCoy)
Favorite Characters: Dr. McCoy- He was amazing.
Scotty - He was hilarious
Captain Pike
Least Favorite Characters: A lot of the main characters,
Captain Kirk,
the main villain, Nero
Sylar - I'm sorry, I mean the vulcan dude Spock,
and the main lady Uhura
They were annoying the whole way through basically.
If you couldn't tell - I guess if I don't like the characters, it makes it kind of hard to enjoy the movie.
So would I say it was a 'bad' movie? Not necessarily. I mean it was better than Superman Returns or something. But it definitely wouldn't be one I would say was 'good'.
That being said, James liked it - minus the awkward sex scene part.
We did see a new trailer for Transformers 2 and I have a feeling it will annoy me as well... so we'll see if I end up liking that one either.

0 comments:
Post a Comment