Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight: To go or Not To Go???

November 21st is a sad day in the Williams (and now Rognon) home... Why you may ask?

Harry Potter was supposed to open today in theaters, but was pushed back to July 2009.

So instead of watching this (Sigh)


We get this:


I don't know, I don't really feel quite the same anticipation...

Now don't get me wrong. I know there are very avid fans of the Twilight books and series, just like I am an avid fan of Harry Potter. I read and bought all the Twilight books, and I looked forward to the new books coming out, etc. However, I am not obsessed... probably because I already found myself a guy who I think is ten times (probably more like 1000 times) more hunky than Edward, so there really hasn't been a reason to swoon over the series because I think my own love story is cooler than there's anyways. (Sorry fan base...) I did think the whole vampire differences were intriguing, but the storylines left a lot to be desired. Okay, I am ranting. Needless to say - I like Twilight, I am just not in love with it.

For those of you who have read my blogs before you already know this - and also know that I have not thought very much of the movie trailers and behind the scenes action of the movie. The movie looks extra cheesy, which I can stomach - but it looks like they didn't do it on purpose. They chose a director who has been credited for some of the worst movies in Hollywood so I can't really put too much hope that she will miraculously make a 'masterpiece'. I'm hoping that for the 2nd movie they are talking about making the studio will realize their mistake and put someone better in for the directing role. Needless to say, it doesn't have my highest hopes of it being a great movie.

So I wasn't planning on watching it in the theaters.

My dear husband this morning asked me, though, if I wanted to see it with him tonight - and I find myself half tempted to go. Because I have such low expectations it might be better than I expect. And at least I will have a husband who has the same sense of humor as me who I will be able to laugh with at all the cheesy parts, and make faces with if I think it gets too much.

So all you friends who went to the midnight showing - is it worth it? Did you guys like the movie? What are your thoughts? It didn't get any Fs from the film critics, which is better than Catwoman right?

1 comments:

Stacey said...

OK. Honestly? It was a little cheesy. But its about vampires. Of COURSE its going to be cheesy. I loved it though!