I haven't been feeling so well this week and my dear husband has been so wonderful and understanding about making sure I am taken care of. I tried to do the same while he was sick this week, though he does a much better job.
Has anyone noticed how amazing something as simple as concern can really affect the way you feel and look at life? I am amazed at what a difference it has made personally in my life this past week and how much stronger I feel my relationship is with my husband because he has really made an effort to show me he cares for me by little acts of kindness and affection. Even though James and I have been sick literally all week... I fell in love with him all over again - every time he asked me how I was feeling, took my hand, brought me a treat home from work, volunteered to take Jack, sang to me so I could fall asleep, tried to put on a movie to side track me from my throbbing headache or wanting to throw up, carry Jack upstairs to put down for a nap because I was so exhausted... Even though I physically felt just as bad it made it a lot more bearable because I had someone there to share the journey with and share the load with, and I knew they wanted to be there to help.
It's amazing what an impact true affection can have on forging through murky waters and illness.
I've been thinking a lot about the blessings in my life as I've began to fast and pray this month and I can honestly say that I have never had a bigger blessing in my life than the gift God gave me when he brought my husband into my life.
Take a Peek at Fall ’17
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment