Thursday, September 25, 2008

Twilight Movie...

Many of my friends/family have become involved in the Twilight series, about a human girl that falls in love with a vampire and their tragic/happy tale. I like the 'idea' behind it and found that interesting, but I saw way too many unhealthy things in their relationship for me to be overly excited about it. I have a lot of friends who couldn't put the book down and loved it, so I guess there must be something there... I just didn't enjoy their relationship... I mostly kept reading because it was fun to get to know the other characters and I just wanted to see how the book ended.

A few months ago I read her first chapter of Midnight Sun, which is the book Twilight's companion book that is from the vampire Edward's point of view. It was actually entertaining to read, and I found myself intrigued. Sadly the book may not be finished or completed, due to the recent leak on the internet of her first draft of the book (half way finished). She explains her feelings on the subject on her website and it has a link on there for her fans to read the partial draft that was leaked for those of you who are interested. I, for one, think it may be better to just wait and see if she decides to write it because the editing is obviously not very good and she hasn't tweaked it yet.

The whole reason for this post, however, is because I think the Twilight movie looks simply AWFUL. The vampire who plays edward is the same actor who plays our beloved Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies. I loved him in it, and thought he did a great job - so there is a small chance he may pull it off. That said, I think he looks really strange in all the trailers I have seen, and I think the special effects (ie-their vampire skills) look very cheesy, and the lines don't seem very well done. I'm disappointed because I think they could have done a good job with it and instead they are leaving it in the hands of someone who doesn't know very much about special affects, casting, etc... That's just my opinion. The girl who is playing Bella really annoyed me in another movie I watched her in so I'm sure that doesn't help either because every time I see her I feel like throwing up... This is just a trailer, however, so maybe the final product will be better.



What do you guys think? What are your guys' view on the Twilight universe? James and I laugh everytime we watch it, so we do find it entertaining and I probably will take him along with me in November to be amung all the girls that are dying to watch it, ha. Maybe not though, the more we watch the trailers...

1 comments:

Rognon Photographers said...

Some of us can remember when another book made into a movie came out about two years ago. Michelle and I had not even read the book but the movie looked interesting enough. We went out and bought the book and read it in two days. Needless to say when we saw the movie we were utterly disappointed in the results. I almost walked out of the movie, which is something I never do. The only reason I didn't was because of the friends that went with us.

Twilight looks even worse then Eragon did in the trailers, but if Michelle makes me go watch it, I believe that she will be required to let me see the new James Bond movie.