Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sad Times

Our beautiful car died. :(



I was driving down the highway and when I reached the turn to my home I got out of 5th gear because I was slowing down, and when I tried to put in third I couldn't do it! As easy as that, my car became immobile and unmanageable. Even though I had used the breaks I was still stuck sticking out in the oncoming lane with traffic coming at me. Scared out of my mind, I turned off the car wondering if I had somehow done something crazy with the car. It turned on fine, but still I wasn't able to put it in gear and do anything. Car's were backing up behind us, and we were pretty scared with fast traffic driving by on both sides of us. My sister Julie luckily was with me, so she saw a window of opportunity where cars weren't coming at us, she got out of the car and pushed us the rest of the way so we were at least off the highway. I really do feel like we must have had some guardian angels watching out for us. I really was scared for our lives.

Who knew that the clutch was so unreliable? I didn't even know you had to replace clutches normally if you have a manual vehicle. I'm actually quite ticked off about it. It's costing us $1000 just to replace our stupid clutch, which apparently is a wear-and-tear item that isn't under warranty. So if we're going to have to replace our clutch every 3 years (our car is only 3 years old), by the time we've had the car for ten years we'll not only maybe have 2 more exciting near life experiences while our clutch goes out on us again, but we'll also have to fork over 2 more grand to get it replaced.

Ugh.

Stupid Manuals. I never liked them anyways, and now I have another reason to hate them!

Happy Anniversary to us.

1 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

sad day!!! that's scary! i'm glad you are ok! it definitely sounds like you had some guardians angels with you!