Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween!

I was just wondering what you guys have decided to do for Halloween? Does anyone have any fun Halloween activities they do? Any traditions? What are you/your children going to be for Halloween?

Something that we are going to be trying with our little family is an idea I got from a conversation I had with my sister Wendy. She said that she has noticed how excited her children get when she and Ron dress up and join in on the celebration. It really makes their day that it's a family event and they have their parents dress up with them. So James and I are going to follow suit. It's actually not that much of a jump since Halloween is James' favorite holiday and I think he loves having an excuse to dress up. We still haven't decided on our costumes. You have to be somewhat creative if you're going to come up with something on a budget. I have a feeling I'm going to crumble when I see something really cute for Jack... Is anyone else like that? You can hold off on things for you but you're helpless when it comes to the kid?

Oh, and as a side note - has anyone else noticed the lack of normal women's costumes because they've been taken over by all the 'sexy' costumes? You have to look through 20 sexy costumes before you come to a normal one. It's pretty ridiculous.

2 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

me and my niece (who is 19) were seriously just talking about how all the women's costumes are sexy and there is hardly any thing to them! what is the deal?!?! brilynn is going to be a little baby bee and we are going to try to be bee keepers if i can figure out a way to do it. we'll see! i can't wait to see what jack and you guys are!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

oh that is funny, i am so the same way!! i don't want to buy anything for myself unless it's on the clearance rack, but don't even blink about full price stuff for the boys that they don't need at all! i'm with james...halloween is my favorite too and we always do family costumes! this year i'm going to be a witch though, just a black dress i already have, striped tights , boots and a hat. you guys could be pirates, that's what we were a few years ago and it's easy and cheap to put together! can't wait to see pics...i'm sure they will be great! :)