Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You know its bad when...

You start bawling over movies like The Incredibles, where there's really nothing depressing in it at all.

Gotta love pregnancy hormones. :)

We officially only have three months left in this pregnancy... Scary. Next week we're in the third trimester... the long haul. I think they say that is when it feels like the longest part of the pregnancy... That may be a good thing for me. This pregnancy seems to have flown by. I guess having a toddler here to keep me busy must be more distracting and entertaining than work was because I feel like it has gone by so much quicker than last time. I really can't believe that we are in the double digits now with our countdown until we meet our new baby.

Some things I love about the pregnancy right now
:

*The fact that I have very few complaints. I love being able to tell people that the pregnancy is going great when people ask - and actually mean it.

*I love being able to feel the baby move. It's a fun feeling, and is reassuring to me that everything is going fine.

*I love the preperation and planning. Strange, you may think - since a lot of people still wonder how you can plan for a baby you don't know the gender of. But it's been so much fun for us!

*I love that this pregnancy feels so much different than our first one. Both physically and emotionally. I had been a little worried that it wouldn't be as special as it was with Jack because it wasn't our first, but it's been just as exciting and fun- just in different ways. I like the variations in things.

*I love that James has continued to be very involved with this pregnancy. He is such a good dad to Jack, and still is very excited about the new baby.

*I love that my craving for sweets has subsided somewhat, as has my craving for pizza.

*I love my childbirth classes we are taking this time. They've helped out so much with the pregnancy and keeping me relaxed and upbeat. We still have three classes left. I'm excited to see how those go.

*I love that I can fit into maternity clothes and am no longer in the twilight zone of pregnancy where you are too big for your normal clothes but too small for maternity clothes... You other mothers out there know what I am talking about.

*I do love having an excuse to be pampered by James... He pampers me anyways, but I think he likes knowing that he's helping me feel better when he gives me massages or makes me eatible meals when he knows I'm sore and don't feel like cooking.

The not so fun aspects of pregnancy right now
:

*Heartburn... Not a fan

*Getting kicked repeatedly in the stomach by Jack when I change his diaper. We'll have to figure something new out.

*Lack of sleep - and I know it will only get worse... Especially when baby gets here. Yikes.

3 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

it IS flying by! i'm glad you're having such a great pregnancy!

Lyd Stew said...

You are so positive! Good for you- it does make things go better! I love your opening- I started crying with one of the songs on "Pat the Bunny" that the girls were watching. That was when I knew I had a problem. They were really confused. :)

Jennifer said...

Just wait until you get to the point with your pregnancy that you don't fit into your maternity clothes anymore! I had to go up another size last month! yuck...