Last month we were lucky enough to find a couple to rent our apartment from us! They needed a short term arrangement, and everything seemed to work fine. The guy told us he would call us the week before they were supposed to move in (aka-tomorrow)so we could fill out the paperwork, have him sign a contract, get set up with renters insurance, etc. etc. We didn't hear from him, so finally James called him this morning to set up a time when they were going to move in so we knew when we would need to have all our stuff out.
I think you know what's coming. The guy told James that he actually already found other arrangements. James said "Oh. Alright. Well thanks." and hung up the phone.
Perhaps it is good that I wasn't the one on the phone. What an inconvenience for us, and how rude of them not to let us know. I know I would have been disappointed with the news, but at least have the common courtesy to let us know we shouldn't continue to make plans and arrangements for you to move in to our apartment.
I feel this entire housing situation has been frustrating. I've been aggitated at our managers, at the cleanliness of the apartments we've moved into, at our incredibly loud neighbors, at the three people who have told us to save the apartment for them only to have ALL of them not show up for their times they were supposed to come to the apartment to sign the paperwork for it and NONE of them giving us a heads up they weren't interested anymore.
But I suppose that is also the thing I have learned the most. No matter how frustrating the situation is - that is where life has taken us. Learn from it. I know that I will make sure before we move out next year that I won't leave gross stains everywhere, rotten food in drawers, built up mold on fans, broken rods, goo leaking down walls, etc. It will be clean and I will feel good knowing that the people moving in to the apartment won't have to go through such a hassle of deep cleaning EVERY room on top of having to move all their things in. I know that if we ever do change our mind on something we were intending to buy or rent that we will let the people know and not lead them on. And most of all, their is a silver lining to everything. We still have another month to do our laundry for free. :) That's worth $600 right.
Take a Peek at Fall ’17
9 years ago

1 comments:
that's CRAZY. what is wrong with people?!?!? who does that? i would be so mad.
Post a Comment