Friday, December 26, 2008

Exciting News: Baby Number 2 is on the way!

I thought I'd re-post what I had on our family blog for those who are interested. It gives a little more details about our little baby peanut on the way.

Santa brought us an early Christmas gift this year. We found out we are going to have another baby! That's right, Jack is going to be a big brother!

Our first doctors appointment didn't go off very smoothly (I basically refused to let them touch me - yikes) so we didn't get more than a quick twenty second long ultrasound to make sure the baby was positioned where they needed to be and get a prescription for morning sickness before we were out the door. So we didn't get an official due date, but for now we are just following the normal calculations and saying we're due June 24th. We're excited to celebrate so many family birthdays that month. From the ultrasound they were actually measuring a little ahead of schedule, so James might get a birthday present? Who knows.

So far baby #2 has a strong heartbeat, is measuring around 3 1/2 inches (about the size of a lemon), weighs roughly 1 1/2 ounces, only likes eating salty things in the morning like toast and eggs, likes mom to take a lot of naps during the day with older brother Jack, and craves a lot of salads, apples, popsicles, and pizza.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

Congratulations! How wonderful! When are you due? I hope you guys have a great New Year's!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

congratulations! that's so exciting! merry christmas!

Alan and Kiersten said...

yay! how are you feeling?