I am waiting for my FTP system to upload all my work for the day. My husband is asleep snoring on the couch, and James Bond is playing on the TV. I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open, and yet I know it will still take me a good half an hour before I can wind down and fall asleep once I am laying in bed. I used to try my best to read my scriptures in the morning, but now I grab my wonderful i-phone and just read my scriptures on there while I try to go to sleep.
Last night, at 2:30 am to be exact, I read from this past April conference's talks. A few of them really caught my attention. There was one concerning Mothers and Daughters, and another one about how mothers need to teach their children. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day activities and schedules that it can be really hard for me to remember that I am responsible for teaching my children.
Does anyone have any good tips/ideas/links to good baby/toddler teaching ideas? I literally have no time to research it myself unless I want to stay up until 3 - which I don't want to do. I hear Elena stirring in the other room, so I hope this FTP system hurries up so I can go in.
Also, again - any good tips for keeping the house clean? My friend told me to make it a priority to do the dishes every night before I go to bed, but... It's 2 am and I don't want to spend another 40 minutes cleaning dishes from the day. I would do them as soon as I am done using them, but I really don't see how. It's lucky that I can squeeze in time to even make breakfast, lunch, dinner - little less get my kids to be patient enough with me to spend time cleaning up. I really do believe keeping up with kids and a house is a full time job. SERIOUSLY! Working/Student moms are seriously incredible to me. I only work maybe 20 hours a week and I am barely keeping it together.
I actually hired a cleaning lady to come and clean our apartment last week. It stayed clean maybe 4 days. Now its back to what I consider chaos to be.
I HATE laundry. It is even worse than dishes. It always consumes everything. It never is done. Either they are all clean and don't get put away, or they are all dirty and I have to clean them. I also am one of those horrible people who cannot put clothes that I have worn in the dirty clothes if they aren't actually "dirty", but if I put them away in the dresser it wakes my baby up - so soon my "clean" clothes become piles in my room, which my husband likes to add to, and before I know it we are living in a crazy laundry pile bedroom. Ugghh.
Yay, my blogs finally posted. I am signing off for the day. Good night. I don't think I will wake up to my 5am alarm clock... (sigh)
Take a Peek at Fall ’17
9 years ago

3 comments:
Hi! I am always looking for an answer to this problem. :) Some ladies that live by me came up with this blog- http://villageformoms.blogspot.com/ It has given me some great ideas! Maybe it can help you!
I'm the same with laundry. I'll wash it and usually get it folded, but I can't seem to get it put away. We currently have a pile of clean shirts that just needs to be hung up and it's been there since Thursday. With dishes, I TRY to do them after lunch (when the kids are in bed) and sometimes as I'm making dinner so I can get the pots out of the way. I have 2 laundry days (monday and thursday) and I clean the bathrooms once a week also (wednesday or thursdays so it's not something I have to do on a beautiful Saturday). I don't dust, I vacuum when the floor drives me crazy. That's about all the cleaning I do. Good luck!
oh, michelle, we are living the same life. :) 3, 4 am is a totally normal time to go to bed, right? :) and my house... let's not even go there. same thing. paid a cleaning lady. now am too embarrassed to have her come back and see the mass destruction that happened in just a few weeks :( i try to follow FlyLady (www.flylady.net) and her ideas are great but i find myself constantly rebelling against her and her stringent routines. :( i'm glad i'm not he only one who can't keep it together. although i'm sure you're doing much better than i am :) all i can say is thank goodness for a patient and understanding husband!!
Post a Comment