So my daughter (who will remain nameless - though I only have 1, so you should know of whom I speak) does not like to let her mother get sleep. I have made her skip naps, I have allowed her to take long naps, I have tried to let her just deal with being placed in her crib when she's tired, I have tried keeping her on a routine (Ie - Eat, Activity, Sleep), etc. So far? Nothing has worked very well. She does now get tired around midnight, instead of 3 am, so that is a great change. However, due to circumstances beyond my control (ie-Jack) I cannot do work during the day unless they both take naps at the same time. Meaning? I still go to bed at 3 am, but instead of a baby causing the issues it is because I cannot keep up with my workload otherwise. And because Elena is teething (or is out to get me) she wakes up as soon as I climb in to bed, and its another hour and a half struggle to get her to go to bed.
The conclusion? I feel like staying in my PJs all day, I have dish rags from three weeks ago still hanging out on my sink turning gross colors, and I am both emotionally and physically drained. The good news? I now have help with writing the blog articles (Thanks to an amazing sister and mom) so hopefully once Elena starts sleeping better, these sleepless nights and going to bed at 4:30 in the morning should all be a bad nightmare.
Tonight I felt like a little kid. I hid under a blanket while she got side-tracked with James and I slid off our bed, crawled to the door, and snuck out. What mom does that? It was midnight and all she wanted to do was crawl around the bed and I knew James wasn't getting any sleep, so I went back in and got her and she fell asleep pretty quickly in my arms. I put her in her crib and have spent the past few hours playing catch up with my blog articles for TK Online Solutions.
Now, before I traipse off to bed, I have some things that have been on my mind the past few days. I tried to lay down in bed but they were still on my mind - so I am going to quickly blog them to wind down. With out further ado, and in no particular order, here are some of my random thoughts.
-I have shaved my legs successfully for 67 consecutive days as part of my goals for this year. I don't know if I will make it to day 68, since I would much rather sleep than shave my legs since I never got around to taking a shower today. Ugh.
-Why is it when you take the time to put on make up, cute outfits, and actually style your hair that your husband seems to be completely oblivious? And yet, when you haven't showered, you aren't wearing makeup, and you feel slightly embarrassed for going out in public in the mess of an outfit you threw together he cannot seem to stop telling you how amazingly beautiful you are. I do not get it. I would think it would be the other way around. This happens to me on a consistent basis. Does this ever happen to anyone else?
- I am getting a little obsessed with my vacation planning. It usually stops being so exciting when I stop to realize that I will have to get in a car with Elena again...
- I wonder if James would let me get my bangs cut, even though I made him swear last year to never let me get them again. I really, really hated them - so I don't know why I constantly keep going back to wanting them.
- I miss my old roommates, but some days I miss my old FHE brothers more. Is that weird? While I understand why we are no longer as tight as we once were, that does not mean I don't miss them.
- I think Mr. Darcy from the newer version of Pride and Prejudice fits the role much better than Collin Firth in the BBC series. I love Matthew Macfayden's portrayal. Seriously. He still pulls off the pompousness that Elizabeth is seeing, but he also shows his true character at the same time so those of us who know how Mr. Darcy actually is can see another explanation to his behaviors.
-Speaking of Jane Austen men, I really like Captain Wentworth in the Masterpiece version of Persuasion. Amazing. And Mr. Knightley in the new Emma? So cute. I am so glad that James got me that version of Emma for Valentines day. It always seems like the actresses they choose to represent the heroines have some form of quirk that bothers me (bulging eyes when they talk, overbites that are enormous, etc) but they have done an excellent job picking the men of Austen, I think.
Ok I think this shall be enough thoughts for one night. Elena just woke up. I guess no shaving of the legs tonight. Maybe next year. :)
Take a Peek at Fall ’17
9 years ago

2 comments:
I totally know what you mean when your husband thinks you are beautiful while wearing your pj's for the 3rd day in a row (that have spit-up on them, I might add.)
I LOVE Jane Austen! Yes, Cpt. Wentworth in the Masterpiece version is wonderful! Who is the actor that plays Mr. Knightley in the new Emma? I'm not sure I've seen that one, yet, but I need to! :)
Michelle, I loved this blog. You are amazing for dealing with all that and still keeping things together (even though you may not think you are). I have an idea you might like that I got from David's wife Maren. Your comment about molding dishrags reminded me of this because I had the same problem. Maren told me that they just throw theirs away rather than wash them. It may seem like an expense but for me it's worth it especially when you're in an apartment that you can't just throw them in the wash. Walmart has dishrags in packs of like 20 that they sell for a couple bucks. It has been so nice for me to just throw the gross old rag away knowing it only cost a few pennies and pull out a brand new one. Hope this helps!
I also have the same problem with receiving the best compliments when I feel the ugliest :)
Post a Comment